Tuesday, December 6, 2016

December Angel Paper Doll - Day 6

Today I have the first of the African inspired outfits for my angel paper doll.  In my research, I came across lots and lots of African and African-American fashion and textiles.  One of those was a dress on Pinterest.  It's a beautiful dress with a beautiful pattern and when I saw it, I thought of corn.

Right-click to download and print

I know nearly nothing about Kwanzaa but I do know that there is a harvest aspect to it and that, like with many holidays, there's a feast.  This dress, with a "bouquet" of corn, just seemed like such a beautiful image.  And the way it came together was amazing! And I gotta say, drawing complicated things like that head wrap has gotten MUCH easier with a touch screen!

Let me know what you think! Six days in and I think this might be my favorite series ever.

6 comments:

  1. I love this series. I have a bi-racial nephew & his mother who's black will just love these as well. I loved the Mrs. Claus last year cause I love Christmas & the Clauses. There's just not much with Mrs. Claus so they are special. Thanks for all of the dolls that you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I feel like it shows when I enjoy what I'm working on, and this is something I really love creating.

      I bundled the Santa and Mrs Claus paper dolls into a book -- there's a link in the Paper Doll Books section of the Paper Doll Store link at the top. I'll do the same with the angels when it's finished.

      And if you want to see a specific theme, there's still time! I'm working on the last few angel outfits now!

      Delete
  2. I have been super enjoying this Angel series. Plus the Corn on this set is really fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like making this series a lot. I have no idea what I can do next year that's as much fun!

      Much like the cardinal, the corn was so much fun to tackle. I experimented quite a bit to get it right. Having a pen & touchscreen has made a world of difference.

      Delete
  3. i love love love that turban! and i love the corn theme too. these are so beautiful! : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both of those, too! This and one other outfit coming up later in the series were the ones I was most concerned with. I wanted to express the beauty and variety of African cultures and I really hope I hit the mark with this one.

      Delete