Friday, December 2, 2016

December Angel Paper Doll - Day 2

Here's the first outfit for my December angel doll! I've been looking at a lot of things for inspiration.  One thing I've gone to several times is The Chronicle of Western Costume: From the Ancient World to the Late Twentieth Century by John Peacock. It's a book I've used frequently over the years even though it has its flaws.

Today's dress was inspired by a Spanish dress.  I loved the star pattern on the reference dress and incorporated it here. I also felt that the multicultural history of Spain was very interesting and somewhat relevant to this project.


Right-click to download and print
You can grab the doll here

I love the colors here! I don't want just white & gold, etc, for my angel.  In fact, the angel paper dolls I've done before (I've done at least two here and here -- they are both VERY old images!!) have strayed from the classic angel images.

Come back tomorrow for another outfit & let me know what you think!



4 comments:

  1. the stars on the blue is a very Marian theme in Mexico. love what you did with her hair too! : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about Mary as an inspiration but I love it! The hair is one of my favorite parts of this set. Practically, cutting it out would be a challenge. There are fussy, tiny details I would probably just cut right off. But as an illustration, it came out great :)

      Delete
  2. Aaah! I've been waiting all year for your xmas series :D This outfit is stunning! Very Queen of the Night and very Marian. And oh man, The Chronicle of Western Fashion holds so many memories of both theatre and fashion school :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! It always amazes me that people follow my little blog. Honestly. It gives me a bit of a thrill & I love hearing from everyone :)

      It is a bit Queen of the Night. Didn't think about that, really.

      If I had the time and resources, I would completely re-illustrate The Chronicle of Western Fashion with resources. I have a love-hate relationship with that book! You'll see quite a few outfits inspired by that book in this series...!

      Delete