Tuesday, December 20, 2016

December Angel Paper Doll - Day 20

I received a lot of great requests this year! Some of them were things I was already working on, like the Persian set. And others were too interesting to pass up, like the nautical one.

Some left me a bit perplexed. Like this one.

Right-click to download and print

I was asked to create a Viking paper doll.  Rachel over at Paper Thin Personas has made some lovely Viking and Norse dolls & if you want to understand Norse clothing, check out her research. My research was much less intensive.  I struggled with the idea of a Viking paper doll because I had a picture in my mind of a Valkyrie with a sword & armor and that didn't fit with my notion of a multi-cultural angel of peace.

So I went the Norse route and I'm pretty happy with it. I decided to just go for it and make her a blonde.  Why not?!

More to come tomorrow!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay more Viking clothing! I agree that when I think Viking, I also think Valkyrie, but I think it was interesting to see a different interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to do armor and a sword & go full-on Valkyrie. Maybe that'll be a theme I tackle later on.

      Delete
  2. i adore the delicate design on this. and those sleeves are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't take all the credit for the design. I found some handy Celtic knot vector symbols that I was able to convert into a brush. I always wanted to learn how to draw Celtic knotwork but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

      Delete