Thursday, December 1, 2016

December Angel Paper Doll - Day 1

Happy first day of December! I've been full-tilt crazy since Halloween.  The holidays are super hectic in my house.  I'm sure they are for just about everyone, and not just me!

It's time for my annual December paper doll project. If you're new to the blog, every December I like to say thanks to all of my readers by creating a month-long daily download.  Last year, there was Santa and Mrs Claus (you can also get the book here).  December 2014, I had a pair of winter fashion paper dolls with a wardrobe in red and green. December 2013 was a series of black and white Kawaii Kids, which kicked off occasional visits to these paper dolls ever since.  And waaaay back in 2012, there's a set of scribbled paper doll outfits that went online mainly because I had them! I keep meaning to revisit that set and never do....

This year's paper doll is an angel.  I wrote a brief intro & gave a preview a while back.  These December paper dolls are typically experimental and challenging.  I like to try out a new technique or whatever -- make them something different than my typical posts.  This doll has been all of that and more!



Right-click to download and print

Today I'm posting the paper doll.  As usual, it's personal use only, etc. I'll post a pdf at the end with all of the images gathered together.  I still have 8 or so slots left to fill, so if you have an idea for an angel outfit, this is the time to share it!

Tomorrow is the first of the outfit posts and it's pretty great. See you all tomorrow!

(One more thing: here's a fun fact -- this is my 500th post.  Seriously?! I can't believe I had something to say about paper dolls 500 times!!)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching 500 posts! I love your decembe projects and I have been looking for forward to this one. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It feels a little silly to mark such tiny milestones and yet it's so motivating, too.

      This set has a lot of variety and I'm so eager for everyone to see it!

      Delete
  2. i love these: they're like an advent calendar i actiually want to open (unlike those gross chocolate jobbies).

    she's beautiful! super excited for all the designs to follow. : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like her - I do, too! Some projects sound good at the beginning but lose their appeal quickly. This is NOT one of those! I'm really enjoying it.

      Also, advent calendars have improved significantly! My boys are really into Disney Tsum Tsums - they're these tiny, adorable, stackable figurines and my mother found an advent calendar with 24 of them. It's pretty awesome!

      Delete