Saturday, December 10, 2016

December Angel Paper Doll - Day 10

This paper doll series seems to have a couple of very clear themes: vintage and fashion history.  I suppose vintage IS fashion history, too, so maybe it's really only one theme! Seems to me, though, that I created a lot of Renaissance/Medieval sketches and a lot of retro/vintage/1960s inspired sketches.

Today's is definitely a retro one.

Right-click to download and print

This set was inspired by a vintage Christmas card I found on Pinterest.  In fact, I have an entire board devoted to inspiration for this paper doll series. The card I found had a little blonde angel in white & gold.  One thing I knew I didn't want with this set was just a bunch of white & gold generic angel costumes! I poked around Colourlovers and found a bunch of great winter color schemes.

We're one-third of the way through December and there are plenty more angel costumes coming up! Check back tomorrow!    



6 comments:

  1. lovee the simplicity (and the snowflakes!) here. : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Simplicity can be so much more challenging than something elaborate. I redrew the hem on this damn dress more times than I can remember! It worked though!!

      Delete
  2. Love the colors. They are so unexpected. Any chance you might share your inspiration Pinterest board? She asked, hopefully. I'd love to see some of these retro cards. It's such a neat idea for a source.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I was going to share a link at the end, but yeah, I can't keep talking about all the awesome stuff I keep finding and then not share it!! Here's the board: https://www.pinterest.com/jamatthews0173/december-2016-angel-paper-doll-inspiration/

      You'll even get a preview of some that aren't posted yet!

      Delete