Monday, December 26, 2016

December Angel Paper Doll - Day 26

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, if you celebrated. If not, maybe you enjoyed a much deserved day off!!

Today's outfit is based loosely on an Edwardian dress I found on Pinterest.  I liked the flowers on the bodice of the dress and the crazy draping looked like a fun challenge! Initially, I thought I'd use holly, but once I got started, I really wanted poinsettias.

Right-click to download and print

Although this is based on an Edwardian dress, once I got the colors in & the hair, it really looked more Jazz Age to me.  I like that even better, honestly! It also reminded me a bit of Dante Gabriel Rossetti's paintings which, again, I'm pretty excited about.



4 comments:

  1. the dress is beautiful, but i especially love the hairband and the hairstyle! in a weird way it makes the whole set look more 70s to me: just sort of free-spirited. love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the 70s influence til you mentioned it! Just goes to show that fashion keeps coming around and around :)

      Delete
  2. The draping and the transparency on this set are top notch, plus I love the color with her skintone. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't often use transparency and I'm glad it worked out here. I wanted vintage-yet-bright colors and landed on these.

      Delete