Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December Angel Paper Doll - Day 21

A while back, I shared my Pinterest board for this project. There's a lot of eclectic stuff there but one thing that popped up a lot were vintage Christmas cards.  Today's paper doll is based on this card specifically.

Right-click to download and print

I was both excited and terrified to take on this outfit! That's why it's near the end of the project.... I loved the colors of the vintage Christmas card and the garland. I knew I could draw a simple dress but the garland was a bit more intimidating.  After tinkering with brushes in Illustrator, I came up with a method that worked and didn't take as long as I thought it might!

This is one of my favorite outfits. I love the way it's a riff on and not a copy of the vintage card! Let me know what you think! Just a few more days left...!

6 comments:

  1. This whole series so far has been wonderful. I also enjoyed your Santa series (especially Mrs. Santa) and I love the teen dolls series. I would love to see more of them. Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Those are 3 of my favorite projects, too, and it's always nice to hear that others are enjoying my work!

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit. She's a 1970s angel. The garland is really beautiful. I hope you have a chance to use it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day, I think, oh, this is my favorite in the series. But this one might actually be my favorite one in the series! That garland brush may pop up many, many more times. I love how it worked out.

      Delete
  3. that garland is gorgeous (though i'd be afraid to attempt to cut it out ~ hahaha). it really is lovely, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That garland would be a bit fussy to cut out! I might try sometime if I have nothing better to do for like 6 hours....

      Delete