Sunday, December 18, 2016

December Angel Paper Doll - Day 18

At the beginning of this project, I mentioned that I'd take requests.  Some of them were ideas I was already working on.  Some of them I'm still thinking about and trying to decided if I want to make them.

Today's theme was one I wanted to tackle but didn't really know how.

Rachel of Paper Thin Personas mentioned a nautical angel.  I wanted to do something nautical but not like last year's nautical set.  After researching, I settled on this design.

Right-click to download and print

I've pretty much always lived in New England. I'm a proud Vermonter, spent a couple of years in Connecticut, went to high school in New Hampshire, and finally settled down in Massachusetts.  I consider myself rather well-rounded when it comes to my region! Where I live now, we're not far from the ocean.  There are memorials in a lot of coastal towns for sailors lost at sea.  Two of them influenced this outfit.  One of them is the Lady of the Sea. It's a beautiful sculpture and the pictures don't really do it justice.  The second is the Gloucester Fisherman's Memorial. (It's pronounced Gloss-ter for non-natives.) I've seen this one in passing but never up close.

I combined elements that I liked of both and gave it a soft, stormy color scheme. I like how the dress flows - it reminds me of ocean breezes.

Anyway, I hope everyone likes it. And thanks to Rachel for the suggestion. 

More to come tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! Thank you for doing my idea. I love how you interpreted it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! This is one of my favorites in the series.

      Delete
  2. she looks awesome with that ship wheel! love that you stayed away from the obvious knots and anchors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to live in a fairly nautical place with lots of great inspiration. I like ships a great deal...so long as they aren't *actually* on the ocean. I get a wee bit seasick!

      Delete