Friday, December 23, 2016

December Angel Paper Doll - Day 23

If you love beautiful clothing (which, naturally, you do) and you want to lose half a day to Pinterest, I suggest searching for caftans (or kaftan. Not sure which is the preferred spelling).  I discovered that there are TONS of caftans.  Middle Eastern ones. Moroccan ones. Haute couture ones. Every day ones.  And they are gorgeous.

Right-click to download and print

My caftan is based on a Moroccan one I saw on Pinterest.  I created a pattern based on Moroccan mosaics.  As for the colors, I wanted something darker but still a red/green combination.  I really wish I knew more about non-Western fashion.  Maybe I'll work on that more next year!

Also, happy birthday to my husband who never reads my little blog, but is always encouraging me to keep it up.

Come back for more tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Love the trim on this. Also, I am so glad I am not the only person who can lose hours and hours to Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is the biggest time suck of my day. Honestly. I look at *one* thing and then 3 hours go by... I love it, though.

      Delete
  2. love the richness of the print and the colors on this. it's simple in style, but so beautiful! : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been really pushing myself to design as much as I can myself this time around, much like the Santa set. It's been so fun!

      Delete