Monday, October 17, 2022

Witchtober - Sea and Kitchen Witch

 I know my post went up a little bit late today. I got a bit caught up drawing all of the Rococo inspired goodness on my Sea Witch!! 

Right-click to download and save the full resolution image

I didn't set out to make a Rococo gown. After looking for inspiration, I found a seashell crown that I liked so that inspired the hat. And as I was drawing the hat, I liked the idea of those tube curl things on powdered wigs.  That lead to a corset style front...and things just got out of hand from there. (TANGENT: My family and I are Marvel fans. In Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, one of the characters says "Things just got out of hand". It's Benedict Cumberbatch with a glorious evil voice and we say this exact phase around my house all the time!)

So anyway... After the Sea Witch, I tackled the Kitchen Witch. When I hear that phrase, I think of things like Practical Magic (wonderful book - go read the whole series - and an excellent movie) and "ordinary" witchy folks, not your goth leaning folks. I love a good goth aesthetic, but not all witchy folks are goth. So I went with a sort of retro cardigan, foliage patterned skirt, and an apron with a wooden spoon and herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment