Friday, October 12, 2018

October Paper Doll - Set 1

Finally got the first doodle-a-day sheet for October completed! I am not participating in Inktober - not enough free time.  Maybe next year! In the meantime, I'm cranking through my October prompts.



These are the October themes. If you'd like to follow along, I'm using the drawing suggestions from @ellolovey on Instagram and she's on Facebook, too.

These are pretty great themes! I picked really autumn-ish colors, too, and I love them!  My youngest son (who is 6) has informed me this year that it is AUTUMN not FALL and we must call it thus.  Cracks me up!


The only thing I'm not really happy about & I couldn't really find a good solution for it is the lack of contrast between the outfits and the background. There just wasn't a good way to create a background that matched the rest of the series, used these colors, and managed to provide contrast.  The text isn't popping either, but I went with it anyway.

The themes and outfits, however, I LOVE!! First up is "apples" with a retro apple pattern. In fact, it's the same apple pattern I used in the Kitchen Kitsch book! Then there's "leaves" and I went with a leaf pattern on a scarf. "Crow" is an applique on a long sleeed top.  "Pumpkins" is a skirt that matches the crow top nicely.  "Spice" is a sweater dress with a pumpkin and cinnamon motif.  That's another thing my youngest is all into this year - pumpkin spice everything! "Carnival" was tough - I went with a striped jacket and straw hat. Finally, "in your closet" is leggings and boots based on leggings and boots in my own wardrobe.  The only difference between those boots and my boots are mine are flats.

I gotta say, if I had to pick a favorite, the February doll is it! This is the last month for her.... I'm diligently working on the next set of prompts so look for those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment