Tuesday, September 11, 2018

September Paper Doll - Set 1

It took a while to wrap August up! Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement - long term, large projects are tough & I've been ready to give up for a while.  It's the last quarter, though, and I'm going to see it through!


The September outfits fit the January doll (as do the May outfits).  This will be the last month for the January doll! For September, I wanted seasonal colors but not deep autumn colors like red and orange. I wanted more sunflowers and sunshine than apples and foliage, if that makes sense. I'm not entirely happy with these colors - the brown and orange are too similar now that I see them together but I'm going to stick with it anyway.


Here are the September themes. If you'd like to follow along, I'm using the drawing suggestions from @ellolovey on Instagram and she's on Facebook, too.

The first theme this month is "balloon animal".  I studied art history and I can't think about balloon animals without thinking about Jeff Koons. So I made a balloon animal skirt.  Next is "latte art" in the form of a layered graphic tee and scarf.  "Classroom" is another school uniform inspired set of a plaid shirt & sweater vest.  "Whiskers" is a cat sweater and matching cat headband.  "Pizza" is a repeat theme and I went with a pizza graphic and pattern.  "Books" is a pair of leggings with a book pattern.  There's also a few mix & match pieces, too, in the form of a tee, pants, a skirt, and a tunic. There may even be pieces that match from previous months!

Also, for anyone who hasn't heard yet, my first book with Paper Studio Press is available for pre-order! You can look at it here and I'll share more when I get mine!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you decided to finish! I really love this project. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete