Wednesday, September 5, 2018

August Paper Doll - Set 4

Almost caught up on August!! One more set to go and then I'll move on to September.  If you want to see a cool overview of the project so far, check out my Pinterest board for it here.  It's kinda neat to see all of the color schemes together and see themes pop up again & again! Maybe I'll put together a calendar....


This is far & away the biggest project I've ever taken on.  Some weeks, I'm ready to go & excited about drawing.  Other weeks....Less so.  I'm tired on my screen, tired of the dolls, tired of the color schemes.  Just a whole lot of "blah"

I hate to admit it, but this was a bit of a "blah" week.  I found the themes tough. Sure, I could've skipped it but then it would have nagged at me!

So the themes this week were: "into the forest" which is a pair of pants and a tree patterned jacket, "makeup" is a bright pop art inspired dress with lips on it, "catch" is a fishing vest with a rod and hat, "kitchen" is a cute apron, "combination" is a patchwork dress, and "bus" is a bus patterned dress.  Those last two are my favorite.  The patchwork dress was inspired by a denim dress but after I colored it, it reminded me of Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas -- which I love!! And the dress for "bus" was inspired in part by Ms Frizzle from The Magic Schoolbus cartoon and in part by the teachers who dress up for the first day of school.

One more sheet to go! Given that I have a doctor's appointment and 4 days of soccer this week, I'm HOPING to get it up by Friday! I'm not happy unless I'm busy! 

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see you have chosen to continue this project! I love your work, and I am always excited to see your newest week completed. You inspire me to keep going. ;) Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! It would be easy for me to write about how great it is, how every drawing comes easily, blah, blah, blah. But that's not the truth. Some days are tough & that's ok! I'm glad you love the project and I hope you, too, stay creative :)

      Delete
  2. Your Pintrest link seems to be broken? I tried typing parts of the link into pintrest's search bar and got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's odd. I just updated the link to take you to my paper doll board. From there, you can select the 2018 Doodle-a-Day Paper Doll section.

      Delete
  3. I loved the magic school bus when I was a kid. So fun to see that dress. And I totally get being tired, but keep going! You got this.

    ReplyDelete