Friday, December 11, 2015

December Paper Doll -- Mrs Claus, Outfit 5

Yesterday's outfit was a Russian inspired Santa based very loosely on Father Frost.  I discovered that Father Frost usually has a female companion, the Snow Maiden.  Typically, she's his granddaughter.  Clearly this was not going to work for my project.

Instead, I tried to create a Russian inspired Mrs Claus and avoid the maiden concept altogether.  There are some really beautiful depictions of the Snow Maiden.  I'll open up my Santa Pinterest board at the end of this project so that everyone can see my influences. Here, my Mrs Clause is holding a lantern.  Maybe she's help lighting Santa/Father Frost's way through the snow.

Check back in tomorrow for the next Santa outfit!

If you're looking for the dolls, you can grab them here.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really loving this little project and we're not quite halfway through. Plenty more to see :)

      Delete
  2. absolutely love the beautiful Russian influence in this.and i love the color scheme! i'm so one-celled i can only think in red and white and green for Santa Claus even though i know there are dozens of variations on the mythology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorites in the series, honestly. I threw in the dark blues and magenta colors on a whim and really like the way it worked out. I thought it would be a challenge to find 15 Santa variations for this project. Nope. If you can think of it, there's a Santa to go with it. There are so many themes, in fact, that I'll probably add a few more at the end of the project and make this into an extended book.

      Delete