Thursday, August 30, 2018

August Paper Doll - Set 2

I'm back from vacation! It was a *true* vacation - I packed my computer but never opened it.  No drawing for me! Just fun times with the family.


Tell me that isn't beautiful?! We spent 9 days on vacation - my parents, one of my grandmothers, and the four of us.  Our boys had a blast! Tennessee was gorgeous and fun and I would visit the Smokey Mountains again.

And then school started two days later!

AND because I'm on a roll.... There's a teaser for my first book with Paper Studio Press!

I had two big projects that I was working on this summer & this was the bigger of the two! It's a mix-and-match retro inspired book featuring two dolls with 104 (!!) individual items.  It was a real labor of love! And working with Jenny Taliadoros was fantastic.  Normally, I work alone without much of an editorial process. Having a guiding force was a really nice change.  It's not out quite yet, but I'll be sure to post when it is.

So forgive me for falling behind on the blog a bit!!


Today I have the second sheet in the August set.  I know I won't be caught up by the end of the month but I'll get through it anyway. And there's a collaboration post going up on Friday.

This set ended up very blue! First up is "horizon" and I made a sort of abstracted mountain scene on a skirt.  "Pillow" is a pair of cozy pajama pants.  "Rain" might be a duplicate theme - this time I went with a retro raincoat and bright floral umbrella. "Worm" is a bookworm on a back-to-school inspired mini dress. "Mug" is a comfy top & travel mug.  Finally, "row" is a duplicate theme - in January I created a rowing uniform.  This time, I went with knit stripes or rows!

Come back Friday for more in the ongoing collaboration project!















No comments:

Post a Comment