Thursday, December 12, 2013

Kawaii Kids #12 - Angels

Still working on some dolls for December.  Today's features angels.  For anyone who doesn't know, there are several reasons why I like making vector illustrations.  First is the absolutely amazing crispness of the images.  I've always wanted that level of perfection and this is the best way for me to get it.  Second, vector images scale infinitely.  If I want a post card sized image or a billboard sized image, I can do that with no loss of resolution.  And third, I love to reuse elements that that came out great in a different image.  This is one of those projects.  The large feathers I used in the angel wings is something I made for an entirely different project.  I love not having to reinvent the wheel every time I want to create an image.  I think using a template or reusing elements actually helps me to be more creative.  If I already have a template, or a perfect element, or whatever, I can spend my energy solving other creative problems.

And that's why I'm so happy with these little angels.  I focused more on make a beautiful doll than on fussing over details!  So if you see me reusing stuff, don't think of it as "cheating" -- think of it as a shortcut to creativity!


No comments:

Post a Comment