Thursday, October 17, 2024

Vintage Halloween Flapper - Page 3

 In my research for this project, I came across all kinds of wacky and wonderful costumes/fancy dress. Some were understated. Some were over-the-top! I came across a lot of pumpkins, cats, historical figures, whimsical flowers, and more. And spiders. Lots of spiders. 

Click on the image for full resolution, right-click to download and save

There were so many spider costumes! I sort of blended a few together to get this sparkling set. 


This image was my main inspiration. I simplified the headpiece a bit. I really wanted it to shine so the webbing got the glitter treatment. The web and spiders sparkle while the dress is meant to be a sort of velvet material. 

There are two more weeks to go! Do you have a costume picked out? One of my sons is ALL IN on Halloween. One prefers quietly passing out candy at home. Me? It's my favorite holiday of the year! Come back next week for another page in the set!


No comments:

Post a Comment