Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December Paper Doll - Outfit 8 in Red

As much as I liked the green version of this skirt & jacket, I think I might like the red even better.  I honestly thought I'd prefer the green outfits and the red ones were something of an afterthought but this has not been the case!  I almost always seem to prefer the red one after both are completed.


Part of what I love about this outfit is the jacket.  I found a perfect texture online.  I'm not sure exactly what the texture would be called, but it's something of a coarse weave I've seen in women's jackets.  I'm much more interested in the image of a thing than its name.  My husband & I are able to tag-team social functions that way: I have a wonderful memory for faces, but not for names while he remembers everyone's names flawlessly.  I'm not overly concerned with the correct names for fabrics or fashion history.  I suppose I should be -- and I am when it's important -- but this is a fun project, not a serious one!

A new outfit tomorrow, pdf to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment