Monday, June 3, 2013

Accidental Hiatus

This is a quick post just to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about the blog! 

My mom had surgery on her shoulder last Thursday and I literally forgot that Friday existed.  I'll get a doll up this week for sure.  She's doing ok, but I just got busy with life and forgot to post.

And that's what's happening today, too!

I am working on a two-part tutorial for creating a paper doll stencil, and rather than throw a haphazard, slapdash tutorial up here just to meet my self-imposed deadlines, I'm going to perfect it and post it over the next two Mondays.  I think that's better for me and my readers get a better post.

Two more things: first, this blog has had over 10,000 visits and I am amazed & humbled by that.  I never anticipated that ANYONE would read this, let alone such a diverse group of people.  Secondly, I'm coming up on the one year anniversary for the blog.  It's been very rewarding to keep at this in the midst of raising two crazy sons.  It makes me a happy person, and a happy person is a better parent. 

It also means that it's time for another Paper Doll School yearbook!  I have 20 dolls ready to assemble into a "spring semester" compilation book.  Watch for it.

So, with that, I'll go work on that Monday tutorial.  Get out your fancy papers and glue for this one! It's going to be a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for a paperdoll stencil tutorial!

    ReplyDelete