Monday, July 30, 2018

Paper Doll Collaboration 2018 - Colonial Patriot

Repeat after me: this blog is not dead yet....

I had a commission that I just finished (yay!!) and I'll share that soon.  It's part of a presentation and I'd like the presentation to take place before I share the project.  It's a good one!

I am ALSO working on another project, a bit bigger in scope, and I'll let you all know when that one is ready.  I'm like 3/4 of the way finished with that and then I'll go back to the monthly project.  I'll probably end up posting most of July and August in the month of August.  Oh well.

Did anyone attend the paper doll convention in Seattle? I heard it was a good time and I was lucky enough to be included in the souvenir packets. David Wolfe has his summary of the convention here (and there's a little sneak peek of one of my contributions at the end!)  Sounds like it was a  good time.  Maybe next year!

Ok, ok, on to the project.


This month's theme was patriotic/colonial.  I chose to create two colonial costumes.  One is a sort of everyday outfit with a subtle star pattern and stripes on the skirt.  The second is based on a riding habit and has a tricorn hat.  I also included a quote from Abigail Adams that is just as relevant today as it was then.

For more in the series, pop over to Miss Missy's Paper Dolls and Paper Thin Personas!

4 comments:

  1. I love these. It's always fun to me when you do historical gowns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making historical gowns. It's really something I'd like to do more of but never seem to find the time!

      Delete
  2. The convention was a blast! But i'm always exhausted after. historical gowns are great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these years, I'm going to go! I may have to plan a family vacation around it but I want to go!

      Delete