Tuesday, July 10, 2018

July Paper Doll - Set 1

I finally got started on July! Don't expect daily posts like this - I got lucky this weekend.  My husband took over pretty much all of my tasks on Sunday which allowed me 4 uninterrupted hours of drawing! I should say, too, that each of these sheets takes me about 8 hours to pull together between the drawing, inking, coloring, and composition!!

First up, the themes for this month.



I'm working from the July prompts from @ellolovey ( Instagram and Facebook).  This is the whole list if you'd like to follow along.



I try to read through the whole list before I select colors.  For this month, I knew I wanted red, white, and blue for the 4th of July here in the US. I also needed green for watermelon and yellow for lemonade.  So I settled on two blues, a green, a yellow, and a red, along with black & white.



I'm not entirely happy with how the text looks but I can live with it.  Overall, though, I'm happy with this set! First up is "desert scene" on a maxi skirt.  Next, "hot dog".  And then "watermelon" is a fun dress with red shoes.  "Fireworks" is supposed to be a sparkly dress but I'm not sure if it reads.  "Splash" is a vintage bathing suit and sun hat.  And "chocolate" is a graphic t with smores on it.  Finally, "firefly" is another long skirt.  And then a pair of jeans for mixing.

I'm hoping to get another post up this week since I'm finally a tiny bit ahead!!

2 comments:

  1. I have just recently been introduced to your current 2018 paper dolls, and I am absolutely in love with your work! You have done a wonderful job and the tiny details are perfect! I am excited to see the rest of this project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! This is one of the hardest & most enjoyable projects I've ever done. There's more to come....I've had to catch up on a couple of other things but I haven't abandoned the project yet!!

      Delete