Friday, February 3, 2023

My NEW Studio!!

 Initially, I wanted to post a new paper doll today. That did not happen.

Why?

Because I moved into my new studio!! 

My husband and I bought our house 12 years ago. It was a snowy February when we moved in with our oldest son. The house was built in 1960 and we've been working on it ever since. It had a three season porch off of the family room that got a ton of light but was in rough shape. So I managed with a basement studio that I used in between child care, elder care, etc. And then the pandemic hit. My husband took the basement - he needed it. I facilitated remote school for the kids, working wherever I could. Sometimes the couch, sometimes the kitchen counter. For the last year, I've been at a tiny antique desk. But after about three months, I have my shiny new studio! 

This is how it started. Thin windows with a thin carpet over cement with an ugly ceiling fan. It was not good. 

And this is what it looks like now!! Beautiful (and practical) laminate floor. A cozy chair that was EXACTLY in my budget and PERFECTLY fit in my car. The easel my father built me and the antique drafting table he restored for me. And bookshelves! 

My comfy chair, complete with sketchbook and the remote to my own personal heat pump for heat and air conditioning.
My easel with a long-unfinished painting. This bookshelf is mostly paper dolls and books about art technique. And dolls. I love dolls.
My chaotic workstation. I'm still trying to figure out how to set this up. I have a Surface computer, iPad Pro, an external hard drive, and extra monitor.
This bookshelf is mostly art history and art museum guides. And more dolls.

These are architectural flat files for storing art and prints. My color printer and scanner are on top.

It's really great to have my own space, exactly the way I want it. I've spent the last couple of weeks slowly moving things in from the various nooks & crannies around my house. I still need to put up art & pictures, etc.




2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! The only thing I can see that I would add is storage for art supplies above the work area. But if all your work is digital now, you wouldn't need that. It really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new space. It is gorgeous and looking so mighty comfortable for a guest to come visit you. LOL....So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete