Friday, October 30, 2020

Happy Halloween!

 I found time to make a Halloween paper doll! Typically, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. This year, instead of running wild around town, we're going to see my parents. We're having a pinata, a movie, and that's about it.  Small, manageable, but fun.

 The main reason why I managed to get a Halloween paper doll together is because I used an old sketch! 


This sketch is at least five years old, maybe more. Somewhere along the way I stopped signing and dating sketches. I might be able to figure out a more precise date if I dig... Anyway, it's been languishing for a while. I always loved the doll on the left and decided to go for it. 

 



My favorite program right now is Autodesk Sketchbook Pro. It's free, easy to use, and I LOVE it. And it's available for pretty much every platform. I took my scribble into Sketchbook and tinkered. Once I was happy, I "inked" it, colored it, and added textures & patterns.  It took most of the week. Considering the kids are remote learning, "the week" is like three hours a day!! 

 


And here she is! I'm posting it in color and black & white. Feel free to download and play with it. And happy haunting on Halloween!
 

2 comments:

  1. ah! she's really fun!
    love the pattern on the bathing suit and the vest! : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I reached into my growing graphics stash for that pattern. I love it, too!

      Delete