Friday, March 31, 2017

Paper Doll Collaboration 2017 - Fashions from Space

It's the end of March so that means another installment of the paper doll collaboration project! I hope everyone is enjoying this because I know I am.... Coming up with a theme is often the most difficult part for me.  It's nice to have a year of themes ready to go, and create accordingly.



This month's theme is fashions from space - a theme I never thought about but was SO much fun! I love science and sci-fi, but it never occurred to me to make a sci-fi paper doll.  I kept this one simple. I keep thinking that once the year is over, I'll go back and color all of my contributions.

My outfit was inspired by mid 20th century sci-fit.  A while back I decided to read more "hard" sci-fi, like Asimov and Clarke.  Which I've been doing and rather enjoying it! So this owes a bit to that era.

Continue with the them at Paper Thin Personas, Pop Culture & Paper Dolls, and Miss Missy's Paper Dolls!

6 comments:

  1. i love the helmet and the separate hair option! the retro-look lazer gun is awesome too! : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hair is there partly to fill the page and partly because you don't always need a helmet for space adventuring!

      Delete
  2. Great helmet! Love the lazor gun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Every space lady needs a helmet and shiny laser gun!

      Delete
  3. That is a great helmet. Her little laser gun is super cute (can a gun be cute?) and I also think her wig is very much of the Asimov era. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking specifically of the paperback covers of Asimov and his contemporaries when I drew that hair! And yes, I think a laser gun can be cute :)

      Delete