Friday, January 19, 2018

January Paper Doll - Set 4

This paper doll project is a marathon!! It's fun and I'm loving it, but it's a lot more time intensive than I realized!

Not stopping anytime soon!!

Today is days 13 through 17.  The themes are: suits, cans, wheels, paint, and denim.

Right-click to download, print, and color

Right-click to download and print

For suits, I wanted a bright, tweed-y suit.  Cans was a challenging theme and I settled on an Andy Warhol pop art soup can.  Wheels is a VW van.  Paint is a paint splattered dress.  Denim was easy.  There are two things I think of when I think of denim: my parents and Canadian tuxedos.  What's a Canadian tuxedo? It's a denim jacket with jeans, a jean-on-jean look.  My family is from the Vermont-Canada border and culture was a bit cross-pollinated.  My parents love their denim looks! The other thing I think of when I think of denim is Gordon Downie of the Tragically Hip.  He was an amazing musician and activist, and the hat is an homage to the hat he wore on his final tour.

So next week I'll get another sheet up as I finish it! I'm leaning towards having one doll for the whole year.  Maybe I'll change up the hair/face/skin.  Maybe I won't. I dunno.

Check back for more next week!!


1 comment:

  1. I love this series. The style is gorgeous, and your takes on the prompts have been really creative and fun. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete