Friday, January 13, 2017

Tween Fashion Friday - Inez

Happy January! I did not expect to miss almost half of January without a post, but I needed a bit of a break after December.  I loved making the December angel paper doll series (you can grab the entire series as a PDF here) and, much as I loved it, it was exhausting!   The feedback on the doll was fantastic -- thank you to everyone who commented, shared, etc. It makes my December project worth it every year!

So today I'm back with a new tween doll.


The pattern on today's doll is from a from a bundle of graphic design resources I bought a while back. It isn't a secret that I create some of the patterns that I use and that I buy others.  I do more than just create paper dolls and these design resources come in handy for a variety of projects, personal and professional.

The other reason I mention that is because I'm starting a new doll. Stylistically, it's similar to the Victorian Mix and Match book. I've been eager to work with some new digital paper and patterns, so I created a paper doll in Photoshop specifically for that purpose.

Do you want to see a preview?

Of course you do!

The doll is ready to go. And that's it. I have no idea what day of the week I want to post this on. No idea what to call the series. And she has no wardrobe yet! I also have no theme for the doll. Might be contemporary one week and Victorian the next. Thoughts??

There are more surprises for 2017 and I'm excited to do some new things in this new year!


6 comments:

  1. Ooh, she's lovely! I think the idea of all different styles is great. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited, too. I know there are a lot of artists who work in one very specific style. I've never had that kind of focus! It'll be fun to do something different :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm.. It seems the internet ate my earlier comment, so here we go again. I'm so glad to see you back and I love the new doll. Plus the colors and hair of Friday's tween were really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hit up Colour Lovers again for that color combination. That site is the best!

      We'll see how well I manage having multiple series going.... Should be fun!

      Delete
  3. your new doll is exquisite! i vote for "anything goes" on her wardrobe, though instead of a specific stye maybe her theme could be awesome prints!

    it's exciting to see new year projects. i love all this great fresh energy! : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Awesome prints" is definately the theme of the first two pages. I'm hoping to crank out a page a week. It's so nice to change things up & try something different!

      Delete