Friday, November 30, 2018

Paper Doll Collaboration 2018 - Military

I have not forgotten the blog!!! I need to get that out of the way. I'm still working on the November paper doll but things came up.  Specifically, commissions that I'm working on.  So it's not a *bad* thing that I've been busy.  It's just the blog that suffers!! I plan on finishing out the entire year of the doodle-a-day outfits and if it spills into January, so be it I guess.

Anyway....Today I'm posting the November collaboration.  We decided with November to go with a military theme.  And I thought, since it's the 100th anniversary of World War I, I'd create uniforms from that era.

On the left is the US Navy Reserves Women's Yeoman uniform.  I found two images: one is from the Met and the other is from a Navy history site.  The article on the Met site is really interesting & I recommend reading it.  Apparently, the Navy didn't have gender exclusionary language so women started enlisting! And a Yeoman was a secretary type position.

On the right is the uniform for the US Motor Corps.  For this, I found another image at the Met website.  The Motor Corps was a way for women to participate in the war efforts and, again, it's a pretty fascinating subject.

For more military themed outfits, see Miss Missy and Paper Thin Personas!

No comments:

Post a Comment