Friday, August 5, 2022

Hometown Girl - Paper Doll and Process

 A few months ago I picked up an iPad Pro and Procreate. I've been experimenting ever since. Recently, I discovered that Procreate automatically records a time lapse of my drawing! So today, I'm sharing a quick speed paint video and the final paper doll. 

I don't have a lot of experience with video so forgive me if it isn't great! This doll - Hometown Girl - is something I made for a local newspaper. There's a recurring column about locals and I happened to be in it. 

The doll is dressed in a swimsuit to represent our local hidden gem, Forest Lake. She has a Methuen Rangers shirt for cheering on our local high school. Next up, a sparkly holiday set that represents our amazing Methuen Festival of Trees, which benefits numerous historical preservation projects. And finally, a flannel perfect for studying at the Nevins Library, a gorgeous brick library in the center of town. 

Feel free to right-click and download my Hometown Girl and print one out for yourself! What would your hometown girl look like? Maybe I'll make a whole series!



No comments:

Post a Comment