Today I have another tween paper doll. I don't think it'll mix and match well with the first one, but there are more on the way!
I went with another summery color scheme here. One thing I've been experimenting with is taking hand-painted images and creating a vector out of them. It's harder than I thought! The chevron pattern here is the result of one of those experiments. It's a big PDF file -- the PNG in this post is high resolution and prints well, too.
Her name -- Nia -- is Swahili for "resolve". It also has European roots, particularly Welsh. I liked the African roots because I knew before I started that I wanted this to be a dark skinned doll. I also decided to try making braids, which I think worked out ok. She's just so bright & cheery!
Let me know if you like the new series. I'm enjoying the challenge of something new :)