Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy October - New Paper Dolls!

Needless to say, it's been a crazy month. I realize that I haven't posted in a little while -- like everyone else, I got a little busy!

My plan for October was to have a Halloween book and series of free dolls ready to go.  I'm part of the way there.  There are a few things that threw a wrench in my plans, like my youngest son taking his first trip to the ER!  He's fine - he fell on a toy and cut his nose. It took a couple of stitches, but he's a trooper. Sometimes life just gets in the way of paper dolls!

I have three Halloween paper dolls ready to go for this month.  At minimum, I'll be posting these three dolls.  At best, the whole project will miraculously come together! I wanted some classic monster themed paper dolls. The three dolls I have ready to go are based on the Paper Jane template.  I'm no longer updating my Etsy shops.  It was a venue that just didn't work for me.  I love these Paper Jane dolls, so I'll find a way to get them up here.

In happier news, September was a huge month for my paper dolls! I sold more paper dolls books and had more visitors to this blog than ever before! Thank you so much to all of the readers who stick with my sometimes erratic posting schedule.  And thank you to all of the new readers who have plenty of backlog to get through!

So here's the first doll - Arachne, a vampire paper doll! My plan with these dolls (like most of my paper dolls) is to create a mix-and-match wardrobe.  All outfits will fit all dolls.


2 comments:

  1. I am very impressed by the feet on these paper dolls. Perhaps just because I often struggle to get feet to look right. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feet were tough, certainly. Feet in high heels have a very different look than shoes in flats. These have a sort of Barbie arch happening, and I'm ok with it!

      The Paper Janes template was the first doll I ever developed entirely digitally with no sketches. It took a lot of tweaking and I'm excited to find a fun use for it!

      Delete