Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April - One Year Later

I don't typically re-post dolls, but today I wanted to.  As everyone knows, I live north of Boston.  My family has been in New England since it was still part of old England.  I'm very proud of my heritage and my home.  It's been a year since the bombings in Boston and I still can't imagine what it must have been like to be there.  I remember worrying about my husband - he still works in Cambridge, in a building very near where some of the action afterwards took place.  He was in lockdown that day, as so many other people in Boston and Cambridge were.  I watched and worried and practically paced a hole into my carpet, waiting for information.  In the following weeks and months, the Marathon has been referenced and revisited on the local news, regularly.  I've only been into the city a few times in the last year and it seems like life as usual.  I know for a lot of people it is, and for so many more it isn't.

There are tragedies like this every day.  Big ones in distant places.  Small ones in cities and towns around the world.  This one was in my backyard.  But it isn't just a tragedy.  It's about surviving, moving forward, continuing to do good things and help good people.  I hope today is a peaceful day about athletes, perseverance, and the relentless strength of the human spirit.

So when you watch the news specials and read the one year anniversary stories, remember to be hopeful.  We here in the New England certainly are. 









No comments:

Post a Comment