Friday, January 18, 2013

Fashion Friday - Sonia

This doll has kind of a random origin.  First, I just want to say, I think of paper dolls as children's toys.  That's not to say I don't think they are a lovely art form and worthy of all the artists creating them.  They are.  They've become my primary art form since having kids.  (Long ago I fancied myself a "fine artist" creating still life paintings in oils.  I'll go back to it one day....!)  Anyway, I think of these dolls as something kids play with.  So when I tell you that this doll was inspired by a 60 Minutes interview, you should be laughing your head off! I feel like I'm too young to watch 60 Minutes but it's been interesting lately.  They were interviewing Justice Sonia Sotomayor and I thought I should have another multi-cultural doll this week.  Here she is, Sonia.

paperdoll school fashion friday paper doll directions sheet
Sonia - Fashion Friday Paper Doll
 


No comments:

Post a Comment