Thursday, August 31, 2017

Paper Doll Studio Issue 118 Preview

So....this has been in the works for a while.

I'm the featured artist in the next issue of Paper Doll Studio magazine!  It's such a thrill to be among the ranks of such talented artists & such a devoted community of enthusiasts.  It's also really, really humbling and makes me feel like a "real" artist.

Creatively, I've been in a bit of a funk.  It's hard to create something for such a niche market.  People inevitably ask, "What do you do?" "I'm an artist." "Oh yeah, what do you make?"  "Paper dolls."

Then...silence.

Not always, but a lot of the time.   Having been asked to do this has really helped re-inspire me at just the right time.  I couldn't be happier!

I love making paper dolls.  I love sharing my paper dolls.  And I'm really, really excited to share this! If you're already a subscriber, this issue will be heading out soon.  If you are not, well, you should be! Or you can grab an individual issue (back issues are here and this one will be listed soon). 

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! this is awesome! you are a real artist and i'm so excited for this recognition for you! congratulations ~ it's much deserved. : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very sweet! I can't wait to get my copy. It's a bit surreal & exciting.

      Delete